Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When you think they're NOT watching...



Just when you think your kids aren't watching everything and every move you make...you hear "your life" being played out in your kids room!!! Although some might not find this funny...I find it hilarious!!! Because if you know my husband and his best buddy, you'd completely understand why I find this so funny....They have the type of relationship that I'm completely convinced that if the wives were out of the picture, they'd be moving in together...LOL
You see, my husband and his best buddy Rich are like two little boys when they get together...laughing, telling stories and having some beers together....the only thing missing, is the two of them playing legos or playstation....so, this is where the story comes in...
My youngest son and HIS best buddy Ryan (who is the son of my husband's best buddy Rich) are talking happily on the way home in my car from their day at school. I tell them that they can play for awhile together till Ryan's mom comes home. They are giggling happily and planning their "day of play" on our short 1 mile trip back to the house...
I frequently love to listen in on conversations of 5 yr. olds because they are quite entertaining!
I hear the two boys in the room playing and talking.....Ryan and Gabe agree that they "want to play like their dads and talk about stuff and have some beers"..... Luckily, "their" beer is lemonade!!! They toast each other and go on with their imaginary "dad/dude" play....oh to be a kid again!

2 comments:

Karen said...

That is hillarious!!!! They are so cute!!

Nicole said...

Kids are such sponges. They soak in everything and then with the slightest squeeze it all comes oozing back out. I don't get away with anything because the kids always parrot back everything I've said to the first person to walk through the door.